Pastor Irene Fakulujo / Minister-In-Charge
Mrs. Ronke Akinlami / Head of Department
The RUTH ministry is the Widows’ Support ministry at JHDC under the auspices of the JESUS WOMEN Ministries.
Joyful Mothers’ Ministry is an arm of “Jesus Women Ministries” of Jesus House, DC. It is a ministry that addresses the needs of women who want their divine rights of inheritance in Christ Jesus, fulfilled
The RUTH Ministry recognizes the profound impact the loss of a husband (most times as the breadwinner) may have on the immediate family especially the wife of the deceased.
Hence we believe and strive to ensure that the widows among us receive supportive Christ-like care in an environment of life and hope as they go through grief.
We recognize that:
- Grief is a Normal Process
- Sometimes the period varies
- It can be an intensely frightening experience
- It must be managed carefully and effectively to avoid complications
I embrace my Maker as my Husband.
I submit myself totally unto Him and I will engage myself
only in things that will bring Honor and Glory unto Him.
- Ensure consistent, supportive and individualized care for women who experience spousal loss through death.
- Provide Spiritual Counsel to widows to face and live life after the death of a spouse
- Source ways to Rehabilitate and Reinstate widows psychologically and economically
- Identify the Psychological, Economic and Spiritual needs of women who have experienced spousal loss through death.
- Assist the affected families with closure and final choices.
- Effectively care for them while encouraging grief within the limits of Christian healing.
- Include the children in the closure process by avoiding mixed messages.
- Assist widows to address and discuss their fears and anxieties.
- Re-establish their faith in themselves and God
- Help widows avoid complications resulting from unrealistic expectations.
- Source ways to rehabilitate them.
…Beauty for Ashes (Isaiah 61:3)
- I embrace my Maker as my Husband. I submit myself totally unto Him and I will engage myself only in things that will bring Honor and Glory unto Him.
- I believe that the Lord will turn my mourning into dancing; He will cause my heart to sing, and give me a Garment of Praise instead of Spirit of Despair.
- I will not be afraid and I know I will not be ashamed, because the Lord is My Very Present Help, the Restorer of my Soul, and my Great Comforter.
- I have the mind of Christ; I cast down every imagination and high thing exalting itself against the Word of God in my life. I abide in the Secret Place of the Most High God for He is my Shelter and my Refuge.
- My whole heart will be at rest, trusting in God. I will not lean and rely on my own understanding or intelligence.
- I receive the healing promises of God in my body, soul, and spirit. I declare that the joy of the Lord is my Strength.
- I have the Peace of God that transcends all understanding. In returning and rest I shall be saved; In quietness and in confidence shall be my strength.
- As RUTH found favor, I receive the anointing of God upon my life for favor in the eyes of God and man all the days of my life.
- I will move away from a place of hurt and shame and step into my place of Honor and Power in Christ. I will fulfill God’s plan and purpose for my life.
- I have great assurance that my God will supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory; therefore I refuse to be a burden but a channel of God’s precious blessings.
- I shall be a Crown of Glory in the Hand of the Lord and a Royal Diadem in the Hand of my God,
- I am a person of Authority, Power, Dominion, Grace, and Favor through Jesus Christ; therefore I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
- I will increase in greatness and my God will comfort me on every side. I believe the Lord will perfect that which concerns me.
- I will walk in victory everyday and liberty of the Spirit because I know the Lord is my Portion and my future is secure in Christ Jesus.