Bearing each other’s burdens by pulling resources together to meet members’ short term material needs.
Mrs Biola Adekunbi / Coordinator
The JW Outreach Ministry aims to reach out to women of all ages, express love, share faith, create social welfare and a forum of hope in life.
Our Mission is to meet the short-term Household needs of Members of Jesus House DC through the donations of the existing Members of the Church.
The Vision of this Department is to bear each other’s burdens by pulling Resources together to meet Members’ short term material needs.
Perhaps you or someone you know who is a member of Jesus House DC is in need – due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus or temporary setback or situation.
We want you to know that we care and will like to reach out to cushion the situation.
Please send to: email@example.com your details and Wish list or that of those you know
Please call or text the HOD Brethren Assist – Mrs. Biola Adekunbi at: 301.648.1520
Someone amongst us just might be the answer to your Prayer Request
The details we require include:
Full Name, Functional Email Address, Functional Telephone Number
Acts 4:33-35: And with great power, the Apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were Possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, and laid them at the Apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.
– Hebrews 13:16- But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
– Jesus said in Matthew 25:40 “….Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me”
The Ministry’s collection is to benefit in-house Members of Jesus House DC, who are in need. Categories of Beneficiaries will include the:
- Expectant and new Mothers
- Single Mothers
- Others as may be determined
This Ministry will be under the auspices of the Jesus Women Ministries, with overall supervision of Pastor Omo Ghandi-Olaoye.
Minister in charge:
Head of Department: Sis. Biola Adekunbi
The Brethren Assist Ministry will:
- Operate a Storehouse/Pantry/Distribution Center for non-perishable household items to include: Non-perishable Grocery items, Toiletries, School Supplies, Baby supplies, etc for distribution to Church members based on requests or referrals from the Church Leadership (to include Ministers and HODs of Ministries), Administration, Soul Care Leaders, and Workers’ Directorate.
- Provide Emergency needs and disbursement of Storage items to Members based on Request or Referrals from the Church Leadership or Assignees
- Provide specific Social/Welfare Services to Ministry’s Beneficiaries, such as Referrals to other Jesus House DC and/or External Services for additional support and follow-up (e.g. the Job Ministry, Financial Counseling, Immigration/Legal support, etc.)
- Follow up on Ministry Beneficiaries to ensure their well-being.
Non-perishable items will be sourced or Drives will be mobilized periodically in Church.
Non-perishable items include:
- Kitchen supplies (Paper towels, napkins, dishwashing soap, sponges, etc)
- Bathroom supplies (Toilet rolls, Bath Soap, Body Lotion, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Deodorants, hand soaps, air fresheners, cleaning agents, etc)
- General household items
- School supplies
- Baby Supplies include: Baby Clothes, Onesies, Receiving Blankets, Diapers and Baby Personal Needs
Pictures of items will be made available on a Slide show for presentation and will also be available on the Ministry’s website.
This Department will liaise, work and network with other Church Ministries, Visitation, Member Services, the Redeemers Community Development Corporation (RCDC), the Church Small Group Units like the Soul Care; to include the Lighthouses;
The success of Brethren Assist will be based on the commitment of Church Members. A List of desired items will be broadcast as needed to effectively guide Members in their Giving.
Referrals & Social services:
In the process of reviewing personal and family situations as communicated to Brethren Assist from the Beneficiary Request Forms, it may become necessary to provide more support than is within the scope of this Ministry. For such situations, where the potential Beneficiary needs Job/Career support, Spiritual Counseling, Immigration or other Legal Assistance, Financial Planning and Debt Counseling, etc. Brethren Assist will seek to first refer the Beneficiary within JHDC. Where JHDC Services are not sufficient or available, Brethren Assist will provide referrals to external Services.
Reaching out and Translating
the Love of God to Women in the Community
Jesus Women in April 2006 took a trip to the Sight and Sound Millennium Theatre in Lancaster Pennsylvania to watch “Behold the Lamb”.
On the 27th of May 2006, as part of the Annual Ultimate Woman Conference activities, the Jesus Women Ministries donated non-perishable personal items to the House of Ruth, an All Women Shelter in Washington DC.
A Summer Outing for Jesus Women. A time to relax and leave the children, Spouses, and work related hustle and bustles behind. A time out at the Spa, to the Beach, Splash Parks, Water Aerobics, and other fun Table games of Ludo, Snakes & Ladders; followed by a delicious cuisine time out at a nice Restaurant.
Our Programs include:
- Mothers and Daughters Day Out.
- Mothers and Sons Day Out.
- Father and Daughters Day Out.
- Fathers and Sons Day Out.
- Reaching out, adopting and providing for the Motherless babies homes in Africa.
- Adopt a school in Africa and reaching out in the area of school supplies, equipments for the Home Economics Laboratories and their Science Laboratories.